The management of large-scale complex industrial systems has a considerable strategic importance for an important number of enterprises. This spawned the relatively new academic field of “system architecture & engineering”, producing a body of research that allows engineers to manage the increasing complexity of the technical systems they design. By its very nature, this field is at the interface between industry and academia, and requires its practitioners to be well versed in industrial application-related, as well as, theoretical knowledge. The ambition of the CSD&M conference is to be the meeting point of reference for the industrial, academic and governmental environments working in the design and management of complex industrial systems.
Our wish is to give to all academics, industrials and government agents interested in complex systems the opportunity to present their work, studies or experiences. Selected papers will be accepted for a 30-minute contributed talk or a poster workshop. One full day of the conference CSD&M 2016 will be dedicated to this occasion.
For this 8th edition, the conference will especially covers the following topic “Towards smarter and more autonomous systems”.
- Optional abstract pre-submission: March 25, 2017
- Submission deadline of full paper for selection: May 1st, 2017
- Results announcement: June 21, 2017
- Final version submission deadline for publications: August 1st, 2017
- Conference: 12-13 December, 2017
Be aware that the registration to the CSD&M conference can be covered by the training budget of your Company. Contact our team to gather all the needed documents: firstname.lastname@example.org
As the CSD&M conference is institutional, industrial and academic. There are two different submission procedures according to the type of your contribution.
Industrial & governmental submissions
aim to present good practices, shared experiences and case studies in industry, in government agencies or both: either a 12-page PDF-formatted paper or a 15-slides PowerPoint presentation is acceptable for selection purposes. Contributions can be accepted either for a 30-minute talk or for a poster workshop. And the paper has to be transformed into Word or LaTex format for publications if selected.
aim to present innovative methodological, technical or scientific results: a 12-page Word or Latex formatted into PDF is necessary for selection purposes. Contributions can be accepted either for a 30-minute contributed talk or for a poster workshop. Subject to contribution acceptance requires a 12-page Word or Latex.
Proceedings and publications
The conference proceedings will be published in a dedicated book published by CESAMES.
The conference proceedings will also be published in the dblp bibliography (Computer Science Bibliography)
Industrial and governmental domains
- Constructors & operators of transportation systems
- Defense & security
- Electronics & robotics
- Software & automotive industry
- Energy & environment
- Healthcare & welfare services
- Media & communications
- Logistics & e-services
- Urban & public infrastructures
- Technology & policy
Scientific and technical topics
- Systems fundamentals (algorithmics & complexity, control theory, communications, mathematical programming, semantics, systemics, information technology, signal processing)
- Systems architecture (needs capture, requirements development, systems modelling, simuling, optimization, sizing and specification, architectural frameworks)
- Systems engineering (design, industrialization, integration, verification, validation, qualification, deployment, maintenance, dismantling)
- Industrial projects (innovation management, systems project management, agile methods, test oriented methods, project office)
- Systems metrics (architectural metrics, complexity measures, cost & delay evaluation, key performance indicators, quality of service)
- Systems quality (analysis and covering of risks, availability, maintenability, operability, reliability, security, safety and usability analyses, tests)
- Systemic tools (configuration management, formal verification, system behaviour analysis tools, modelling & simuling tools, test management)
- Embedded systems (electronics, health care, telecom, transportation, etc.)
- Transportation systems (aerospace, automobile, railways, ships, etc.)
- Software systems (Internet applications, networks, operating systems, parallel and distributed systems, etc.)
- Information systems (command, control & communication systems, enterprise information systems (BI, CRM, EII, ERP, SCM), industrial information systems (SCADA, PLM, etc.), supervision systems, etc.)
- Systems of systems (air traffic management, management of financial systems, network centric warfare, travel reservation systems, etc.)
- Artificial eco-systems (city planning & engineering, integrated hubs, etc.)
For any question, please write an email to email@example.com